Bank Holiday Breaks
Bank Holiday Breaks at the Cavan Crystal Hotel
Featuring 85 stunning en-suite bedrooms, Cavan Crystal Hotel is the ideal destination for your next Family Break. Nestled in the heart of the stunning lake county we are ideally situated in close proximity to many different tourist attractions. Spend the Bank Holiday Break in Cavan, you will be impressed with our central location, we are the closest four star property to Cavan town centre. Only a short stroll away from all that the town has to offer. Visitors to Cavan are often impressed with the many private owned shops on our main street and it is often remarked on the friendliness that is shown to each customer that steps through their door.
Many visitors when in Cavan town, take the time to experience the interactive walk through the town which via smart phone, gives you the opportunity to hear the history of Cavan which is an educational experience for all of the family. Enjoy the open space at market square or a walk down winding Bridge Street. Home to many national awards we know you will be impressed with what Cavan town has to offer.
Some top attractions include:
- Located nearby in a town called Ballyjamesduff – famous from the song ‘Come back Paddy Reilly’ is Cavan County Museum. Located in a beautiful restored convent, this museum is an exceptional attraction recommended highly by many guests who stay in Cavan Crystal Hotel. A playground and gardens are located also on site, which are ideal for a family to explore on a nice day.
- Kilinkere Pet Farm is another option for families to visit. This is a real working farm, with a mix of animals that would have been farmed in the area for hundreds of years. Aside from traditional farmyard animals, this pet farms keeps almost 20 other species of animals such as llamas, chin chulas, guinea pigs, rare birds, deer and miniature horses. For families especially those from a non-farming background, this is a fun experience to enjoy.
- In north Cavan there are other numerous venues to visit – take a walk in Cavan Burren, with 5000 years of History – you will not be disappointed. Based on site is a visitor information centre, four walking trails, one multi-access trail (suitable for buggies and wheelchair users). Why not make use of their Picnic Facilities when enjoying the spectacular views on offer.
- When visiting Cavan Burren, make sure to take a visit to the Shannon Pot – the source of the largest river in Ireland. Also take time to explore the beautiful Marble Arch Caves Global Geopark which is host to one of the finest show caves in Europe. Enjoy a guided tour through the natural underworld of rivers, waterfalls & winding passages while the stunningly beautiful cave formations glisten all around you. On the way back to the hotel why not stop in Florence Court Gardens on a beautiful day and enjoy a stroll around the majestic 18th century residence and estate.
- When back on home turf, your family can enjoy the latest blockbuster release in the Odeon Cinema Cavan or why not go bowling to finish of a fun day out. Also located quite nearby is Mc Seains Pitch and Putt ground which can be a great form of fun for a family to take part in.
- The above is only a few of the places that you can enjoy as a visitor to Cavan, other options to name a few include visiting Bear Essentials – the largest stockist of Teddy Bears in Ireland. For activities, why not go cycling, canoeing, fishing, cruising in the lake county of Ireland.
- Alternatively, you could use Cavan as a base to explore the city of Belfast or Dublin – both located only 90 minutes away. Many guests travelling from Northern Ireland use Cavan Crystal Hotel as an ideal base to visit Tayto Park which is only 60 minutes away.
For families looking to spend a short break in Cavan without leaving the Hotel, you can enjoy free WiFi, free use of our Leisure Centre which includes an 18-metre swimming pool.
We hope that you can see from the above that your time in Cavan Crystal Hotel will be a memorable occasion, so don’t delay and book your bank Holiday getaway today!