Things to do in Cavan
Looking for things to do in Cavan? Check out our suggested tours and local attractions:
- Tullydermot Waterfalls - a must see when visiting north Cavan for its exceptional beauty.
Shannon Pot - the source of the River Shannon – a site that many travel the length of Ireland to see.
- Turbet Island Motte & Bailey, Belturbet - also situated on the River Erne – is a site of a Norman wooden fort.
Walking - Take the time to explore the many Guided Nature Walks in Cavan.
Golf - With 8 different Golf Courses in the County, you can enjoy many rounds of golf in County Cavan.
Fishing - Angling Guide - Cavan is renowned for its many lakes and rivers making it a paradise for anglers.
- Cavan Burren Park Visitor Centre, Blacklion – Fast becoming one of the most visited destinations in Cavan. Enjoy magnificent views while exploring one or all of the four different walking trails. Make sure to visit the informative visitor centre also.
- ODD – Outdoors & Dirty – Offering amazing activity experiences for both individuals and groups. Enjoy some extreme sporting activities.
- Make sure not to miss the newest releases at Odeon Cinema Cavan
- Feeling competitive – see who can win at Astra Bowl Cavan. Family Friendly with arcade games and pool tables also.
- Cavan Equestrian Centre - One of the biggest attractions to Cavan. World renowned state of the art facility. Make sure to visit, if there are any events on during the time of your visit.
- Ballyhugh Arts & Cultural Centre - offers customised workshops to groups. Learn how to dance the Fox trot, Jive or Ceili Dancing.
- Take the family to Bear Essentials Workshop & Showroom for a real treat. It features the largest showcase of teddy bears in Ireland.
- Visit the award winning Cavan County Museum - make sure to visit the WW1 Trench experience, when you are there.
- Little Fellows Pet Farm
- Take a guided canoe trip in Lough Oughter with Cavan Canoeing Centre.
- Why not try Banana Boating or Abseiling at Tanagh Outdoor Adventure Centre
- Con Smith Park is only a short distance away with children’s playground and adult’s outdoor gym.
- Green Lough Eco Park - located only a ten minute walk from Cavan Crystal Hotel – a piece of tranquillity on the doorstep of the main town.
- Killykeen Forest Park - offers a range of walks and cycle paths to tire out those legs
- Visit the beautiful waterfall running through Dun a Ri Forest Park
- See an upcoming show at the Ramor Theatre located 20 minutes away in Virginia town.
- Try your hand at a Cheese making Workshop/Cheese School at Corleggy Cheese, Belturbet
- Moneygashel Cashel - One of three cashels in the townland of Moneygashel – this central cashel has been described as the finest of its kind in southern Ulster.
- Drumlane Abbey - founded by St Colmcille, the only remaining round tower in the diocese.
- Lough Oughter Castle - forming the southern part of Lough Erne – take a boat ride and visit the Castle.
- Visit the Kilmore Cathedral located in Cavan town centre – beautiful building dating back to 1860.
- Explore Belturbet Railway Station with a guided tour which can be arranged on request.
- Marble arch Caves global Geopark is a must when staying in Cavan – only a short drive away from Cavan Crystal Hotel
- Trace back your routes at Cavan genealogy & Tourism Office
- St Killian’s heritage Centre
Some of these activities require you to make a booking in advance. Please make sure to contact prior to arrival to avoid disappointment.
A wide range of local attractions are available on thisiscavan.ie