October Mid-Term Halloween Breaks
Take a well-deserved Halloween mid-term break away and enjoy the Cavan Crystal Hotel a contemporary 4* Hotel offering the highest standard of quality and service, located just 5 minutes from Cavan Town. Relax and unwind in our award-winning Zest Health & Fitness Club which includes 18 metre Swimming Pool and fully equipped Gymnasium or why not treat yourself to a luxury treatment in Utopia Health & Beauty Clinic.
Enjoy delicious food from our extensive Bar Menu or a cocktail in our Atrium Bar! Renowned for our fantastic food and high-quality service Cavan Crystal Hotel is the perfect choice for your mid-term getaway.
Cavan Crystal Hotel is the ideal destination for your next break away. Nestled in the heart of the stunning lake county we are ideally situated in close proximity to many different tourist attractions. We are the closest four-star property to Cavan Town and only a short stroll away from all that the town has to offer. Visitors to Cavan are often impressed with the many private owned shops and boutiques on our main street and it is often remarked on the friendliness that is shown to each customer that steps through their door.
Many visitors when in Cavan town, take the time to experience the interactive walk through the town which via smart phone, gives you the opportunity to hear the history of Cavan which is an educational experience for all of the family. Enjoy the open space at market square or a walk down winding Bridge Street.
- Cuilcagh Boardwalk Trail - Classed as the 'Stairway to Heaven' by the thousands of tourists that have taken the trail, it has becoming the must do trail for anyone in the area. With a round trip of 14.8Km and an estimated trail time of 6 hours in total, its more suited to anyone with a healthy fitness level. The trail meanders along a quiet farmland track before traversing a wooden boardwalk that consists of a steady climb to the mountain face. Here a stepped boardwalk climbs through steep terrain and boulders fields before reaching the summit. The imposing mountain flanks of Cuilcagh give the walk a very atmospheric feeling providing breathtaking views, the most impressive view is of Lough Atona, a lake nestled at the foot of the mountain which was carved out by the glacier during the last Ice Age approximately 13,000 years ago. For more information, please click here.
- Cavan County Museum - Located nearby in a town called Ballyjamesduff – famous from the song ‘Come back Paddy Reilly’). Located in a beautiful restored convent, this museum is an exceptional attraction recommended highly by many guests who stay in Cavan Crystal Hotel. A playground and gardens are located also on site, which are ideal for a family to explore on a nice day.
- Kilinkere Pet Farm - This is a real working farm, with a mix of animals that would have been farmed in the area for hundreds of years. Aside from traditional farmyard animals, this pet farms keeps almost 20 other species of animals such as llamas, chin chulas, guinea pigs, rare birds, deer and miniature horses. For families especially those from a non-farming background, this is a fun experience to enjoy.
- Cavan Burren - In north Cavan there are other numerous venues to visit – take a walk in Cavan Burren, with 5000 years of History – you will not be disappointed. Based on site is a visitor information centre, four walking trails, one multi-access trail (suitable for buggies and wheelchair users). Why not make use of their Picnic Facilities when enjoying the spectacular views on offer.
- Shanon Pot - When visiting Cavan Burren, make sure to take a visit to the Shannon Pot – the source of the largest river in Ireland. Also take time to explore the beautiful Marble Arch Caves Global Geopark which is host to one of the finest show caves in Europe. Enjoy a guided tour through the natural underworld of rivers, waterfalls & winding passages while the stunningly beautiful cave formations glisten all around you. On the way back to the hotel why not stop in Florence Court Gardens on a beautiful day and enjoy a stroll around the majestic 18th century residence and estate.
- Odeon Cinema Cavan - When back on home turf, your family can enjoy the latest blockbuster release in the Odeon Cinema Cavan or why not go bowling to finish of a fun day out. Also located quite nearby is McSeains Pitch and Putt ground which can be a great form of fun for a family to take part in.
The above is only a few of the places that you can enjoy as a visitor to Cavan, other options to name a few include visiting Bear Essentials – the largest stockist of Teddy Bears in Ireland. For activities, why not go cycling, canoeing, fishing, cruising in the lake county of Ireland.
Alternatively, you could use Cavan as a base to explore the city of Belfast or Dublin – both located only 90 minutes away. Many guests travelling from Northern Ireland use Cavan Crystal Hotel as an ideal base to visit Tayto Park which is only 60 minutes away.
Don't just take our word for it here is what our guests have to say:
'Fantastic night away,lovely hotel with exceptional staff. Especially Micheal the hotel manager. The hotel is great for kids.
Would highly recommend. Attention to detail is second to none. Customer service & customer care is 5 star'
Peter R wrote a review Aug 2020
'We were very happy with our stay at cavan crystal hotel from Michael greeting us at the entrance the staff at reception and the Atrium bar all was excellent,the Bedrooms were bright & airy food was lovely everyone were very helpful, covid 19 guidelines were in place and staff adhered to them.we would be happy to return to the hotel again.'
Tom O wrote a review Aug 2020